holiday insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 18 subscribers

hi

i have the opportunity of a holiday in Africa later this year and need holiday insurance.  I have myelofibrosis, and have searched the compare sites, but the best i can find is around £400 with a £500 excess. All seems a bit unfair as i'm still fit and able to walk 5-6 miles a day with no problems and do other physical activities such as golf. . The holiday would be just 10 days and as you may know,  MF isn't something like say, a heart condition, where you might suddenly fall down. You can see anything major coming from some way off & it seems unfair that the insurance companies should penalise me and charge so much.  So - can anyone recommend an insurer who might be more reasonable.

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

That sounds like a fabulous holiday and I do hope that you can find some reasonably priced travel insurance.

Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you to it and you might find some companies that you haven't tried yet.

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to do it online. 

I do hope that you can get some reasonably priced travel insurance and that you have a great trip.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Try calling insurancewith tel:- 02038293875 no good going on travel comparison sites you need to call direct. Good luck hope you get sorted. X