This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recommended Travel Insurance

• 250 replies
  • 124 subscribers

Hi everyone

As it can be time consuming looking through existing posts for travel insurance recommendations I thought it'd be a good idea to try and keep all recommendations in one place.

With that in mind I thought I'd ask that when you've found an insurance company that provided you with cover at a reasonable cost you posted that recommendation here.

If you could put a little bit of additional information eg. whether you got single trip or annual, cover for a cruise, worldwide, etc along with anything else that you think others would find helpful when they are researching that would be great.

All the recommendations come from community members and are not recommendations from Macmillan. Please make sure you do your own research as to whether they are suitable for you.

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi All Clear quoted me between £2116 and £2238 for a 10 day cruise - a lot more than your quote. I thjink it is didfficult making comparisons between patients with different conditions and perhaps different ages. What is valid, however, is the huge difference in quotes from different companies.As I said mine ranged from £1289 to £3700.

• [deleted]

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Ladies,

Though I'd add this to the list of insurance recommendations. I've been using this company for 4 years now and they are lovely.

We went to NZ & OZ this time last year and they found me cover (for hubby & me) for £169 for 4 weeks. Just had a renewal quote from them this morning for ANNUAL insurance, again for the both of us for £219 for multi trip cover. This is the same price as last year and gives us both full medical cover including any problems that should arise from my BC diagnosis (thankfully now treated and discharged from hospital). My current house/contents insurers quoted £150 with no cover for pre-existing conditions.

They are not an insurance company but brokers.  Highly recommended.

www.insurancechoices.co.uk

Happy holidays

MIND OVER MATTER - I don't mind and what you think doesn't matter.
  • Thanks for the recommendation . That certainly looks a very good price especially for someone with a pre-existing medical condition.

xx

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi

I was diagnosed with a tumour in my duodenum in July 2018. It was all removed by surgery, and all other organs were clear  but  chemo was recommended to reduce the chance of another tumour growing.  Chemo started in September and is due to carry on till March/April. 

We had booked a holiday for Feb 2019 (before I was diagnosed), so i have been looking into travel insurance as my current company  (with whom we have an annual policy) wouldn't cover me for any cancer related claim.

I rang the recommended companies in this discussion ( many thanks!) And these are the quotes I got for 7 days skiing in France:

Go insure- £83, but wouldn't cover cancer

All clear - £690 (!!)

Insure Trip - £23

Boots and InsureWith (who share the same underwriter) - £55 with an excess of £250.

Boots got a good review with Which, so we went with them.

Just shows how wide a range exists! 

My normal insurance company said that once my treatment is finished  they will insure me as it will then  be a pre-existing condition.  I'll let you know the premium then!

Happy holidays everyone!

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

That's great news that you've managed to get some good value travel insurance and I hope you have a great time!

Thanks for sharing your research with us as it's really useful!

xx

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Got a reply - they're not for budging!

• FormerMember

Cruise insurance is naturally going to be expensive. If anything happened, you could be miles from anywhere and need a helicopter rescue, so maybe not so surprising. Perhaps better to stick to a land based holiday?

• FormerMember

Plewse be mindfuk.of your responses...

Some if us have  o choice and are unable to fly..so looking at the expense of cruises arc is no choice of our own.

Thank you for all of the recommendations so far... it certainly does take some of then time and phone calls away.

Happy holidays everybody x

• FormerMember

I will be; didn't mean to cause any offence. I don't mean to start a war over this, just making people aware, but what I said is true. So many people seem incredulous as to the cost of cruise insurance, but that's why it's expensive and it's something to take into consideration if thinking about a cruise. There is always Eurostar to consider or a holiday in the UK; we have a great country to see, even if the weather isn't great all the time. Scotland is magnificent in any weather, all you need is the right clothing!  We take lots of short breaks in the UK. Everyone makes their own choices though.