This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recommended Travel Insurance

• 250 replies
  • 130 subscribers

Hi everyone

As it can be time consuming looking through existing posts for travel insurance recommendations I thought it'd be a good idea to try and keep all recommendations in one place.

With that in mind I thought I'd ask that when you've found an insurance company that provided you with cover at a reasonable cost you posted that recommendation here.

If you could put a little bit of additional information eg. whether you got single trip or annual, cover for a cruise, worldwide, etc along with anything else that you think others would find helpful when they are researching that would be great.

All the recommendations come from community members and are not recommendations from Macmillan. Please make sure you do your own research as to whether they are suitable for you.

x

• Thanks for the info Olli - will give them a try

• Great news on this, InsuranceWith are back!  Most places wouldn't cover my husband or if they did it was crazy money.  But I have got a quote from them this afternoon for a fraction of what I could get before. There were a lot of questions, but I was happy to answer as I felt they were at least asking the right questions to give a more appropriate response.  Two weeks cover for Cuba including husband's stage 4 prostate cancer and my blood disorder just over £200.  So relieved.  Thoroughly recommend them, very helpful on the phone and were great when I had to make a claim 4 years ago.

• Did that include cancellation for cancer, I hope that it did, please let me know.

Ian436
  • Yes assuming everything was fully declared.  Just an additional £300 excess for anything relating to his cancer.

• That’s brilliant news. I had a look for cover last week prices were ridiculous

Ian436
  • Fantastic news! I got £100 for the best policy with InsureWith, compared to £650 for the worst policy with other providers. 

Whilst it does let me buy the policy after declaring my conditions, I was reading through the policy document and it said you have to call them if you have any conditions, otherwise the policy might be void. Did you do this, and did they charge more? Thanks

• Are InsureWith still enforcing the rule that you may only apply within 60 days of travel? this has happened to me when trying for cruise insurance 

KenW

• Nope, they quoted me for a trip in May. Annual Multicover has to start within a few weeks but that's industry standard.

• I did phone them, but because I was unsure of how to answer one of the questions.  

• I have used Insurancewith for 2 policies (1 used, one trip yet to come) but they were not offering policies when I tried recently for cover for a short notice ski trip. I booked a trip with 2 weeks' notice and managed to get cover from Allclear for £87 for a week's wintersports. In comparison, my policy with Insurancewith for a week's skiing this March (taken out last year) cost me £45. These both include my condition which is NHL in remission.