Just sleep!

• 6 replies
  • 16 subscribers

I have been told yes breast cancer is there but i know nothing else. I just want to sleep. But I cant. I know that thinking and searching the internet wont help. But i cant get back to sleep. Im so tired but my head races every night plus i have terrible mucous sitting in my chest so im taking this is a secondary cancer and going through the dread of what diagnosis will be. I know its not going to be good. I didnt find the lump. I went to discuss my mucous build up and cough for the last 3 months. Omeprazole was given but breast lump found by doctor. The lump is about 2.8cm. I know Im dying. I feel it. I just cant process it. My children will be so devastated. My parents have already had the bombshell but are stressing hope is important. To wait until Thursdays meeting to know what were dealing with. But I know already, I do know, Im not stupid, I lmow my body and am trying to tell them to prepare for the worst but they wont hear it. Be positive, theres always hope. Thats what they say. Theres got to be hope. But no there isnt. I lnow there isnt. And i cant sleep. So everything is worse. My husband is stong for me but silent and not coping with my outpourings. My mum is taking the brunt of my thoughts but this is damaging her. Long post sorty but Im in turmoil and need to get it out. Ive been awake for an hour and a half now. I get to sleep but awaken at 1am ish and then it starts. Geez youd think that there would be a switch to sleep just to conserve your energy but nope.

• Hi Ninsi welcome to the forum., How are you feeling now and did it help to get that out onto paper?

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Im awake since 1, its now 2:51. Ive tried a sleep meditation video but it hasnt worked. It felt better out there but doent change anything. My heart is pounding and i just race things in my mind. Its hell granny59

• I keep having issues with sleep and the GP has prescribed Phenergan (an antihistamine), I did not want proper sleeping tablets as I don't want to become reliant on them, but these are meant to help, I have yet to try them properly.... May be worth considering as anxiety is exhausting and when you are not sleeping also, it's really draining. 

• Thanks, i have an appointment today x

• Hi Ninsi have you seen the GP today and if so how did it go? xx

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi granny 59, thank for reaching out again. Had a talk, which was awful but felt better all day really after it so talking with someone seems to help. I got some light sleeping tablets to try. Ivd been working all day, made supper and helping the children with homework which is good but makes me anxious also as i have to tell them and they've got tests and exams the week after. And christmas concerts. And just christmas