I don't know how to do this

• 1 reply
  • 14 subscribers

Just that really. I'm tired of the constant battle that life has thrown at me, every time I get somewhere there is another obstacle, I don't know how to keep finding more energy to clear the obstacles and what the reason for trying is.

My cancer is probably not half as challenging as so many of you have to fight against, I hate my current poor me attitude and yet here I am with it

• I see the cancer journey as a set of obstacles that have to be navigated and when we get past one the experience can then help us deal with the next obstacle.

I have been on my incurable, very rare blood cancer journey et for over 24 years……. Some of the bumps in the road were challenging to the point of a matter of life or death…. (you can see my story through the link below) but over all these years I have refused to let my cancer journey define me of my family.

I don’t know if you have sat down with someone and talked this through but for me this has helped a lot. Unburdening some of the stuff you are carrying around n your invisible rucksack that you have on your back can help a lot.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides emotional support or just a listening ear.

Do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing.

Macmillan have also teamed up with BUPA to offer up to 6 free counselling sessions for people struggling emotionally because they are living with cancer. Clicking on the link will give you more information about this.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge