Chemotherapy

• 4 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi has anyone been on Docetaxl chemotherapy? Want was the side effects? And did it work?  Thanks. 

• Hi  

I didn't have this particular type of chemotherapy but I've just spotted your post. I hope you don't mind me recommending that you post this question in the lung cancer group as you'll then connect directly with others who have been on this treatment. If you'd like to do that, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Ok will do was not sure where to put it to be honest. Thanks. 

• No problems. It's always a little tricky to get to grips with the online community when you first join but it's usually best to put anything regarding treatment of your cancer in the cancer specific group, as you're more likely to get responses.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Merryweather, just came across your post. I had docetaxel earlier this year for breast cancer. I started with 3 cycles of Epirubicin-Cyclophosphamide, then I had 4 cycles of Docetaxel. I didn't have any really bad side effects but the ones I had were: fatigue, disturbed sleep from the steroids, some bone/muscle pain but that was likely from the Filgrastim injections I had to boost my white blood cells after each infusion, and the worst side effect for me was loss of taste. Some days I hardly ate anything as everything tasted foul. But it only lasted 7-10 days out of each 21-day cycle and gradually improved. But it was all worth it. I had an MRI after cycle 6 and there was no trace of cancer, confirmed after surgery. So I am now cancer-free/in remission. I'm sorry you are having to go through this and feeling alone. Happy to chat/answer questions. Take care. Amy