Dumbledore’s Pensieve

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi folks

New to this whole cancer forum game, not to mention the whole cancer crap!
Not sure what I’m expecting or looking for but thinking this might be a useful place to empty my head when it’s filled with rubbish. 
I’ve got a great supportive wife and network of friends for which I’m really happy and grateful- but have promised them all not to be a cancer bore or fundraising menace!!
I’ve joined the humour group ‘cos that helps me to laugh at this ludicrous situation that I have arrived in.
This space might do to park (bloody hate that management speak crap that I had to put up with before I retired) or dump stupid or squirrelly thoughts.

Main bugbear at moment is having to call myself disabled when we go to pubs, restaurants, theatre etc so I can get in on my sticks or wheelchair Rage I’m not bloody disabled I’m just slow, vulnerable and like a Dalek I can’t do steps!

Joined the pet group as well ‘cos I really miss talking my 2 Shelties for long walks over the hills, beaches, rivers etc on my own.

And don’t get me started on indignities like compression stockings!!

Keep laughing at this bastard disease

• Sorry to hear of your predicament Waxeater (had to go back and check I got the name right!). I'm in a wheelchair apart from when I'm at home. Have you a 3 wheel wheeler? Maybe you can get one from Occupational Therapy?

Tvman 

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Thanks tvman

Not really a predicament just getting used to it all - wheelchair works OK.

Have seen 3 wheelers and powered all terrain beasts which look great, none of them would cover the kind of terrain or walks that I used to love, as did the dogs. Just a case of changing expectations and limitations- like you just pleased to be able to carry on with life.

Take care

•   , I loved to walk along a beach for hundreds of metres, up mountains (I'm fairly close to the Mourne Mountains, we can see them from the house), there's a little lake two fields away from the back of  the house. Some day I want to get an ATV chair to get to those places, I won't be walking but that's life, I'm still around Grinning 

Tvman

Love life and family.