Support

• 2 replies
  • 15 subscribers

I was diagnosed with multiple Myeloma a few years ago, went through the mgus thing, smouldering Myeloma,  them full blown Myeloma.  

In fairness, even though I kept it to close family and friends, I had great support. 

I had intensive chemo, it was bloody brutal,  I lost weight,  lost some hair, lost my libido, that hurt, ha, ha.

I was always positive,  always was the fixer, mender, person to go to, but I couldn't fix this.

Myeloma is a long drawn out thing, especially for me. I felt like a fraud, saying I have cancer, but not dying, I don't think people understand how Myeloma works.

The chemo caused peripheral neuropathy,  my feet hurt like he'll, when I can feel them, needles and pins , pain, aching, only sufferers understand. 

The thing I am trying to say is that my support and people's understanding of what I am going through is fading.

I can't jump up to do something quickly,  I can't run, sometimes I can't hold my knife and fork...bloody he'll...scream, I can't do a lot of things so need the support , love and help that was forthcoming when I was diagnosed. 

I cry inside when my wife forgets my condition,  I cry outside when I am alone. I need a hug, a cuddle and a kind word about my condition. 

I hate being a cry baby, but as this is a rant on this site I feel I can be so.

I send my love to fellow suffers and my gratitude for you taking the time to read this.

God bless xx

• Oh I so hear you , lots and lots of "stuff" out there about invisible disability and of course there are huge numbers of people out there who may well have cancer but for whatever reason decide not to share - some are concerned they will meet the sympathy stare followed closely be the distance yourself - perhaps they think cancer might be infectious.

It can be hard too when we see others completely struggling with something that seems trivial and often of course they have no idea as to how to get any help.

Covid had a plus in that it introduced people to the sunflower lanyard for invisible disabilities but a negative too in many people would then say people were wearing them who were not disabled - really there seem to be no easy wins.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Steve, thanks for responding,  talking to me I mean, it is difficult to talk to someone who understands.

I am sat with my wire in the garden, lovely views, birds singing, flowers blooming...but she is having a fig at me because I am tired, not a real dig, I expect she is angry with the situation. I am crying inside, but hate to show any weakness, so try not to let the tears show.

I know I am getting worse because I am tired, aching, don't or can't eat, I accept that, 

Its good that i can have a whinge on hearnand i am so grateful for the support.

very best wishes

Mike