Scared waiting for tests and results

• 11 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi sorry if this isn’t the right place to Chat but just need some support , I am waiting for results from tests had a month ago blood was found in my stools , I had been feeling a bit unwell nothing serious and had realised I had lost some weight so contacted doctors it’s been a month since talking to nurse.  yesterday for the first time I saw blood myself when I went to the loo ,I haven’t told the nurse or doctors yet (haven’t seen any doctors just a nurse a month ago ) they are calling me tomorrow afternoon, I am so scared my dad died aged 53 ,  am 55 I don’t know where to turn to , I have the most lovely partner but am so worried about him because of the worry I am causing, please can someone give me some advice 

Ringo2008

• Hi Ringo2008

It REALLY takes over your head doesn’t it? I bought some sleep aid. It did stop me being wide awake in the dark. Also I had the Olympics to watch if my mind wouldn’t shut up. I meditated/ hypnotist app on my phone. That really helped, I am visual learner so can drift easily with those apps. It gave my mind some breathing space 

I really hope you have some news soon. If you get really anxious you could phone your team there should be a number on your paperwork  I contacted mine a few times they were so supportive 

Ann
     ‍Art