Help

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Can my employer make me redundant and pay me off?

• Hi 

Possibly, but you would have the right to take the company to court, to an employment tribunal. Speak to citizens advice and if you have an HR department. 

Does he know you have cancer? You'd be well within your rights to go off sick with stress if you don't lose too much money. Is your cancer serious enough to be described as a disability? In Northern Ireland where I am, every cancer gives you disability rights. I would qualify in GB as I have an incurable bone marrow cancer and I'm also a wheelchair user anyway, nothing to do with the cancer.

Can you speak to him and explain that you are under stress because of your cancer and you would be adding to that stress.i was self employed for over 30 years so I didn't have that problem.

Sounds like he's the boss from hell. Surely the company can't allow him to be that way.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Possibly, but you would have the right to take the company to court, to an employment tribunal. Speak to citizens advice and if you have an HR department. 

Does he know you have cancer? You'd be well within your rights to go off sick with stress if you don't lose too much money. Is your cancer serious enough to be described as a disability? In Northern Ireland where I am, every cancer gives you disability rights. I would qualify in GB as I have an incurable bone marrow cancer and I'm also a wheelchair user anyway, nothing to do with the cancer.

Can you speak to him and explain that you are under stress because of your cancer and you would be adding to that stress.

Love life and family.