Human Touch

• 3 replies
  • 14 subscribers

The last time I touched anyone was my partners funeral on Fr 13th March, so I broke the covid rules and hugged a friend yesterday. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I bet that hug was so good and long overdue it felt like you didn't want to let go ?

We are sociable beings and aren't programmed for isolation, so please don't feel guilty over it.

As we are all slowly coming out of this Covid nightmare and the risk lessens maybe everyone isolating on their own would benefit greatly from the odd hug now and again

Take Care, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Not being able to hug is so so difficult. Our famil had always been so close & cuddled & kissed every time we met. I have three sons & have only seen each of them twice but only 2m apart. Yesterday one of our son & daughter in law visited me hadn't seen them for months spoken on the phone & FaceTime but when we parted I needed a hug & so did he . I was so happy  we did have a cuddlle & I cried for hours but felt so happy but so guilty.Life is so tough not having our darling husbands or wives being locked in for weeks I am fit enough to get my shopping but so very lonely . Don't know what else to say but so very sad & unhappy . I know I'm not the only one but just feeling sorry for myself. 

Jojo

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I still haven't touched another person since my husband died on 1st April. I live alone, and my children observe the distances when they visit. The funeral was during covid, so 10 mourners in separate cars.

I got my hair cut yesterday, and that's the closest I've come, though the hairdresser was of course wearing gloves, and it was the briefest glance with a comb.

To tell the truth, I don't think I want to be touched by anyone ever again. 

I think I am reaching a stage I cannot come back from.

Mad Dot (Tired face)