closed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

In my town Morrisons & Tescos are closed, small shops cant cope with orders, some are saying they can't take orders for 7 days.

Now I see why people were Hoarding food, been in touch with NHS  home deliveries but their message says cant for 7 days as well.

A little worrying, I do have a few extra body pounds, can live on that at least for a while.:)

• Hi ,

It seems to vary a lot depending upon where you live.  My local Morrisons has now introduced a queueing system with distances between customers in the queue.  They have also finally started limiting how many of each item you can buy.  They didn't do it until they had got their 5% increase in sales in the bank though, leaving lots of people caught out and unable to buy the basics.  

Some items in the shop have sold out and it is difficult to get unless you can be there when the store opens, things like sliced bread and cuts of meat such as chicken potions, mince etc.  Unsliced loafs and joins of meat are less popular and are therefore more readily available.  We are foodies and therefore had a full freezer and pantry and have no chance of starving although we may end up eating some strange meals but it does amaze me what has been cleared from the shelves.  All the flour went very quickly.  I can understand people wanting to have bread flour in but it looks like lots of people are going to be cooking emergency cakes as well?  The drinking chocolate had all gone as well so there should be lots of very relaxed people dozing their way through isolation.

My wife is the only one who can go shopping and she is working from home so does not get a chance to go to the supermarket until after work which leaves us with less choice than others, hence he roast chicken dinner tonight.

Wishing you all the best,

Gragon xx