The UNFun Fair

• 8 replies
  • 14 subscribers

I read references to Roller Coasters on this forum and it put me in mind of why I dont like fun fairs and why  watching my partner deline and Cancer is more like an UNfun Fair.

Rides I dont like:

The Roller Coaster - seems the most common - ups and downs at a pace you cant control - designed to make you frightened, scared and start to scream.

Waltzers -  nasty things that are made to spin you around, not let you off and make you feel  disorientted and sick. Sometimes you are sitting in one with other people who also feel dizzy.

House of Fun ? where the floor moves when you are trying to walk - just when you think you have got your balance - it jerks and sends you toppling over.

Dodgem Cars - seems like there are a lot of people all trying to avoid being hit and doing their best to steer around others.

Carosel - the merry go round of treatment , hope, feeling rubbish and then having to get off that one and watch others on it.  Someone will always want to sit on the unicorn.

This morning I feel like I am sitting on my own in a litle teacup ride . We are waiting for office hours to ring the hospice as my partner has had a bad couple of days and we need some  advice - Just have to hold onto the sides and wait for some reassureance or people who know.   Or maybe someone to help us  get out  of, or steer our way round  the UnAmusement Park. 

Needed to get that off my chest -

• U certainly have a way with words, NellieJ I'm picturing u all alone in your teacup ride. Can I (metaphorically) join you for a spin, to keep u company? Tho I don't like UnFun fair rides either, not even the swings.

Does the hospice really only answer the phone during office hours?! That's pants. Only another hour to go...

Thinking of u xx

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Hi. I've put the kettle on and getting you a big cup. So yes step in and i think the tea cup is the most gentle ride.  Swings are nasty too. Someone always pushed you high than you want to go. 

Hospice does do 24 hours but think ok to wait.  He's had bad head vision and nausea  for two days and wondering if this is the start of the end.  Hence my anxious posting all over the shop.  I was never any  good  at suspense.  How are you holding up. 

• I'm at my sister's this week. Visiting all my family - mum n dad n 95 year old auntie. Not seen my auntie for 5 years ( whom  I gave a big surprise to) n rest for 3. Life really is about family. Ready to go back home tho now. Done too much for too many days in the trot- as u do sometimes 

I don't like suspense either. Rather have general or cosy  crime  novels.

Can they give him something for the nausea?

Pro tem,  ginger biscuits/ tea are both good.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Btw,saw  my (6 foot)l brother yesterday too

• Btw,saw  my (6 foot)little brother yesterday too

• Damn, posted twice again!

• Hello - glad you had some time with brothers - does posting twice mean you have twin brothers. 

• Lol. No I only have 1 brother n 1 sister