Heartbroken

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 13 subscribers

My wonderful father-in-law lost his battle with this dreadful disease in the early hours of this morning

• Hi sister snail

I'm so sorry to hear that your father-in-law has been a victim of cancer. You're so brave coming here and letting us know. You're probably asking why it's always the good ones who are taken. I have met some wonderful people on this site, I've been here for 2 years, I have an incurable cancer, MDS, a type of bone marrow cancer. 

How is your husband/partner feeling? You'll need to support them at this awful time. I don't often read of people coming here telling us that their in law has passed away. Clearly you have been impressed by him, you have had many happy, special memories that will live with you for a lifetime.I

It's so tough for people who have lost friends or relatives, and I hope you can overcome your sad feelings.

Take care sister snail (really unusual name!)

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi Tvman

This is my second time using the community,my father died almost 3 years ago of the same cancer & I had breast cancer 8 years ago

My father-in-law was amazing & both him & mum in-law welcomed me to the family with open arms & open hearts

At the moment we're just muddling along getting all the things together to register his death & isn't that a flipping palarva! we'll all support each other again just like we did when we lost dad because that's what we do

Several years ago my brother raced motorbikes & as he wasn't very fast when he started he called it snail pace racing,hence the sister snail 

Thank you for taking the time to ready post,I wish you well

Xx

• Hi ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss so soon after you reconnected with this site.  Was he diagnosed some time ago or did he pass on quickly.  I hope that he was pain free and with his family.

Thinking of you and your family,

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

He was diagnosed last year & in December was told it was terminal & given a year but he deteriorated very quickly over the last few weeks,he went into hospital on Friday to have an abdominal drain put in & we were expecting to bring him home yesterday, sadly he took a turn for the worse late on Saturday & died just before midnight & just before mother-in-law got to the hospital,to he honest & knowing him as I did I think that was how he would have wanted it,he's not one for a lot of fuss & faffing about

Thank you for your kind thoughts

Xx