Mum has incurable cancer

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi I'm looking for some advise if anyone has been in a similar situation.

My mum was taken in to hospital 9 weeks ago with back pain, she had scans and they discovered she had cancer in her spine and liver. She was told she needed to be transferred to another hospital for an operation on her spine and then would be transferred back to the cancer ward for pain management and treatment. She was on complete bed rest unable to move incase she ended up paralysed, for 2 weeks before being transferred to other hospital. She eventually got the operation after a week of telling her she couldn't! Fast forward 5 weeks and she is still in hospital unable to move out the bed, cancer has spread to her lungs (she had lung cancer 2 years ago as well) and they are telling her she can't get treatment unless she is able to be mobile which is impossible due to her being left to lie in a bed for weeks on end. They have had her sitting in the chair for a short time every now and again. We just feel completely lost and frustrated with the whole situation. We can never say the right thing to her either as she is getting so annoyed and snappy with us. 

Sorry for the long winded post I'm just feeling completely helpless Cry

• Dear Samcee

i am sorry to hear about your situation. 

Can you contact cancer care nurse and perhaps someone can help you with getting her some physio advice or to see an OT. 

I understand the snappiness. My husband has been horrid to me since becoming I’ll with cancer. 

my best wishes