Feel overwhelmed

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Hi, just joined as not sure where else to go. My dads prostrate cancer is advanced now, it’s spreading to his bones fast and I just feel so helpless.... he was diagnosed in 2014 and had radiotherapy, that put it at bay for a few years. In 2016 he had his leg amputated(not cancer related). Last year he started some chemotherapy as his psa was super high, sadly we was told it wasn’t working so all treatment was stopped. He’s been not too bad until past few months where he’s dropped to 6st, sleeping lots and is in such agony (back, spine, groin, ribs) had dr out on Saturday as his morphine isn’t taking the edge off the pain and it breaks my heart to see him in such pain. I know what’s coming so we just want him as comfortable as possible at home which is what he’s asked for. My step mum is calling his gp today to request the district nurses now become involved a we just don’t know what else we can do. Life doesn’t prepare you to watch someone die and I just feel so sick & worried yet trying to stay strong for my pops. Hoping this group may

• Hello Halestar, 

I am sorry to read that things have deteriorated so much with your Dad, and sorry that it has taken me some time to reply to your post. 

There are never the right words at a time such  as this, though I hope that you have been offered some support by the GP, if you step mum managed to get through to them. 

There are so many different emotions for you all to contend with right now, I wish you strength at this difficult time. 

Please remember that you can call the Macmillan helpline on the number in my signature if you need any advice or help with support for your dad.

Thinking of you

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!