Decisions…..

• 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Well I couldnt believe it tonight. Came on here and saw the post “making decisions”. Has my mind been read???!!! 
So heres the situation. Husband. Relapsed Hodgkins stage 3. Heart disease controlled with stents. Diabetic type 1 condition induced. Aspergers. 
Brentuximab is the chemo. First chemo. In hospital. Dehydrated. High blood sugars. U name it. Temp. We pretty sure he had an infection. 
second Brentuximab. He is like a new man. He said hes never felt this well. Walking daily. Now thinking of couch to 5k. Hes lost two stone and the man looks so happy. Healthy. Cant explain. Very weird. 
He has been so poorly the past 5 years. Its given him a lease of life. The plan is stem cell. 

His words were “I am in two minds about this stem cell transplant. I feel brilliant. Do I still domit or hopefully if Im in remission take my chances and live my life?”

We were told it will almost come back for definite.  Really dont know what to say to him and we know and its a case oF loads of questions. Ive always said its his decision and Im here for him. I think we may still be in the aftermath of “the talk!”

• Hi again , it’s a hard one this. People fall into different camps when it comes to making ‘the’ decision.

I like many others, may well have the easy decision taken out of our hands. I was put on a life expectancy countdown clock and the aim of my SCTs were to stop the clock completely or at least turn it back many years. For me it did the job, 6 years out now and living a great life although left with a few post treatment health ‘left overs’ but nothing that can’t be controlled and nothing that stops me living the dream.

The other camps is doing a ‘preemptive strike’ at a point where you are well, in remission and can tolerate the SCT process well and the post treatment recovery will be quick and relatively easy.

If only we all had a crystal ball…… this is the time we all have to put our trust in what our medical professionals.

We asked for the absolute truth no holds barred and from there we made our decision, I say we as my wife had to been in this decision as if it all end wrong she would be the one doing all the caring.

The most important thing to keep in mind is the greater good and make the decision without regrets ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you so much for sharing this. Apologies for late reply. Things have been manic. Will keep you posted! X

• Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge