Petrified!

• 13 replies
  • 12 subscribers

I must say after reading a lot on this forum I can't see why I should go for SCT. All of you are having so many issues that mean living a normal life is just not possible.  I need to hear the truth but is anyone living a life they consider normal?

• Hi Naiad

This is most certainly a question to ask your team.

My only guess is that your team  believe you may have a higher risk of relapse, therefore as you are now in remission it would be the right time.

They will, I'm sure be able to answer your questions.

Nick

• I had exactly the same thought about why not wait until I relapse. When I asked that question to my team, the doctor explained that in my circumstance, it would be better to do the intensive treatment early rather than wait for relapse when I may be more poorly and the treatment might not work as well. This is definitely something to fully explore with your medical team - they are going to know your illness and your medical situation better than anyone else, and hopefully they will be able to present things as clearly as possible to enable you to work through what is best for you.

Wishing you all the very best for the days ahead

Greg

• Thank you . Yes I am guessing they will say something similar to me. Thanks for all your replys you really were in a similar situation.