Back in work

• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Hi folks

I returned to work four weeks ago on a phased return. I work in microbiology labs as a support worker. On the whole it has gone quite well, social distancing isn’t always possible and not everyone wears masks, most of the time I feel fairly safe. Mask wearing isn’t compulsory as the labs are classed as a private place ,no public allowed in.

Yesterday I was informed the son of one of my colleagues has COVID, new rules say people no longer have to self isolate if they have been in contact with someone positive as long as they are double jabbed. My question is do I go into work next week if she returns as well? Any advice appreciated 

Mark

• Mark first well done getting back into work but this situation may be your first challenging bump on the ‘new normal’ road.

Although I am retired my wife is still working and has found herself in similar-ish situations over the past months. She has the flexibility to keep clear of contacts but again this is now rather different with the new double jab rule….. I am not totally up with all the changes but do those who are double jabbed not need to have a clear tests as well?

It’s a conversation you may have to have with your employers ASAP.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge