Allo transplant for MDS

• 25 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi everyone, I’m being admitted on Friday and my transplant will take place on the following Friday 25th June. 
I’m feeling positive, keen to get on with it and nervous all at the same time. 
I’ve already done 4 weeks isolation for intensive chemo so I know what to expect to a certain extent but I am expecting this to be tougher. I’ll let you know how I get on Blush

• Hi again  the start of the future.

I was looking back at your posts and cant see you mention what conditioning your team is using to kill your immune system - do you know?

I will post this thread again just in case you have not seen it -  Checklist for SCT Unit

All the very best and we are always around to help out at any time ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike, I’m having ATG. You did warn me about allergies and I raised it with my nurse. Apparently I am having rabbit which is good because I’m allergic to horses. Hopefully I’m not allergic to rabbits as well! 

• Yes, indeed I did Wink

Lets look for no dramas ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi everyone I just wanted to provide an update... I’ve got through my chemo well this week and just have one ATG left before transplant tomorrow. Can’t believe it’s actually happening now and feel quite excited. 
    I have been really lucky so far in terms of chemo side effects, no fever or allergic reactions so far and my mouth is good too. I know it’s probably all to come but I’m pleased with where I’m at right now. 
    I’ll let you know how the transplant goes Relaxed

• Hi  thanks for the update and so good that things are going well.

Safe to say these SCT Teams scare the heebeegeebees out of us in the lead up to SCT but often the problems never come along. All the best for the big day.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi everyone, I had my transplant last Friday so I’m on day +5. Everything went really well although I did feel terrible for the first few days. I’ve got a slight infection which is being managed. 
    I feel a lot better now so that’s good. Onwards and upwards Blush

• Hi Louise A

Great news that your doing well and feeling OK. Hope all continues on the right path and you just carry on improving each day.

My wife and I are currently in London to have biopsy and pre health checks before her sct transplant for AML Sheduled for next month.

Please keep us posted on your journey, all sounds great for now, stay strong and we'll.

Nick

• Hi Louise…. it feels weird being only 5 days old Wink….. I often talk with folks who will say that the actual process ends up being far less dramatic than first explained by the teams - keep well.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi everyone I’m on day +18 and everything has continued to go smoothly. My blood counts have started coming up and the docs have said that if everything continues in the right direction I may be able to go home on Friday or at the weekend. I’m so pleased with how everything has gone so far and can’t wait to get home Grinning

• Great update , once your counts are on the up your team will want you out and home ASAP as there will be someone patently waiting for ‘that’ phone call.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge