Stem cell transplant

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi highlander/all 

Just an update and a little advice 

I'm going to see tge baseline team on 24th May for medical f8r stemcell at beatson 

They told me I'm due to have cells harvested on 15th June a week before I sfinish chemotherapy 

I asked Michelle my lymphoma nurse if I'd get a break after stem cell she replied yes and I thought oh good until she said 3to4 weeks ! I'm not sure how I feel about it as tgd more it's becoming reality tge more frightened I seem to be getting 

I do want it over with if that's tge right word but I'm also scared of risks 

I will hopefully be assured by team on 24th but I think I'm still in shock 

Hope all are doing well x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry meant a break BEFORE stemcell 

• Hi again .... sounds like progress is being made. I see you mention The Beatson, I had both my Allo SCTs in the Beatson (June 2013 and Oct 2015) the staff are amazing and basically saved my life.

For an Auto SCT, progressing quickly is not that I usually as they need to do the process within your window of remission for the best results to be achieved. I was 5 weeks from finishing my main chemo until starting my first SCT.

Yes it is scary but you do need to remember that this is all about getting you on the road to remission.

You need to ask what conditioning they are using to take your immune system down.

Always around to help as best as I can ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge