elevated blood markers

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Son had auto stem cell transplant for relapsed Hodgkin 18 months ago. Now has 2 small lumps on neck and bloods on Saturday show raised markers.What does this mean? GP prescribed antibiotics and wants to see him in 2 weeks. This is the same pattern as before.Has anyone else been through this?

• My blood markers post my second Allo SCT were all over the place for a good 3 winters including my lymph nodes waxing and waning resulting in me being 5 times back in hospital (30+ days) with Chest Infections, Lung Fungal Infections, the RSV Virus, Pneumonia x 2 and Sepsis x 2...... let’s look for this to be a simple infection.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

thankyou x

• Hi Mrs Lenihan,

Firstly sorry to hear about your son. From a fellow Hodgkin’s survivor I know how stubborn this can be. 
    I have had both an Auto and an Allo following my diagnosis 3 and a half years ago and a number of failed treatments so appreciate just how stressful all this can be but as Mike said, it’s not unusual for lumps to appear and can in fact show the body is doing what it should be and is fighting infection. 
    The doctors are doing the right thing so will keep an eye on him but hopefully the lumps will disappear. 
    Good luck,

Regards

Mark