Skin fungal infections

• 4 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Has anyone had skin fungal infections. I seem to have developed a few in the last couple of months. They do not really bother me but are a bit unsightly in places.I have been using clotrimazole cream but very slow at clearing it. I am coming up to a year since transplant and feeling good otherwise and off all medication since early April.

Thanks Mark

• Hi Mark, ironically I had years of having skin fungal infections (as I had a Skin Lymphoma) and SCT has clear these all up.

I hope that you and your team can find the best way forward in this.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mark,

I have had a few odd skin blemishes in the past few years, no idea if it is connected to SCT or not. I had something which looked like ringworm at the top of my thigh which lasted for ages and a few red patches on my calf which have stayed there permanently (well over 18 months now). I went to the GP and they were a bit nonplussed - I was given some creams which pretty much didn’t do anything, I was feeling well so just didn’t bother going back to the GP when the course ran out. I filed it under “one of those things”, but if it’s concerning you, definitely get it checked out by your medical teams.

All the best

Greg

• Thanks for your replies folks. Strangely my consultant rang me today for a 12 month follow up and he said fungal infections are quite common after transplant. Just carry on with creams and oitments.

Hope your all keeping well and coping with lockdown

Mark

• Mark, I did have a bad Lung Fungal infection that put me in hospital for a week.

Lockdown has the outside of our house looking amazing Joy

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge