Marsden sutton clinical trial

• 4 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi hope you doing okay

This is probably a long shot but wondered if anyone on here is going to Marsden sutton for clinical trial

Stay safe

Alice x

• Hi Alice ,

No answers to your post so it looks like no-one on the Community have been Disappointed

What is involved in the trials?

((hugs)) from a distance.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi

No worries I hope ypur doing well I've met a couple.of nice patients here also on a trial while.ive been here. I have an.injection immunertherapy once a week but for first three weeks have to.stay in as inpatient tuesday to Friday. They start on.lower dose and each week it gradually increases till i receive maximum dose week 3. Then think it's more like 24 hours and go home and then after 2 months it's every other week. It's working to get to remission  or close enough to have a allo transplant. It's phase 1 genmab 3013 but had 85% success rates so looking good. Glad I've started finally I hate the waiting bit. No side effects so far and should be home tomorrow  

Thanks

Alice x

Alice x
  • Good to hear that you have connected in with some folks and yes, getting things going helps the mind slow down.

I am doing great and following the advise below I received from my team last week.

Stay safe and ((hugs)) from a safe distance x

I am now over 4 1/2 years post my second Allo Stem Cell Transplant and my Late Effects Nurse said “……think you have just come through your Allo SCT again and take exactly the same precautions as I did then........” so I am basically back into a few months isolation controlling everyone I come in contract with and where and what I do

She also said ”……. once a blood cancer patient always a blood cancer patient"......... "All the treatment you have had has indeed had a long lasting effect on the effectiveness of your immune system even although your bloods are ok with a few at the lower limit range of acceptable, like any virus you are at risk but this one we don’t know how a post Allo SCT Patient will react - let’s be safe and not sorry”

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi

Glad your doing well and thank you for your response

Stay safe

Alice x

Alice x