Aplastic anemia Day 83

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi haven’t been on for a while so having a quick catch up

So all I going well but been hit with a stinking cold this week. My bloods were up quite high last week but this weeks test have dropped to HB130, Plts 98, Neuts 1.6,

neutrophils were 4 last week and platelets 140 so quite a big drop. The nurse wasn’t too bothered. I have no temperature and lungs sound clear just really snotty and coughing, she said this is just what viruses can do and they’ve swabbed for rsv whatever that is 

is this just the norm like she sais and I’m overthinking it 

andy Grinning

• Hi Andy, good to hear from you.

When it comes to bloods.... I found them all over the place for a rather long time and we worked on the thought " if my team was happy we were delighted"

I had the RSV Virus two years back and this had me in strict hospital isolation for week with everyone waring masks etc - it is very contagious and again my counts were all over the shop and I was on various antibiotics and oxygen for the week as my sats were low.

You are doing good and lets hope that this is just a cold and not RSV.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Andy,

RSV was again, one of the bugs that took daughter into hospital in the early years and as Mike says, is pretty contagious, ‘normally’ confined to little children (during winter months kiddies always seem to be snotty!) 

after a SCT they do need to ensure you’re ok, though and so testing your temp regularly while you’re like this, is important, and to phone in if any doubt. 

ps, it would help if you could fill a bit of basic info on your profile, doesn’t have to be much, to do it, click on your user name and then on ‘edit my profile’ when you’ve done, click ‘save’ 

hugs xxx

Moomy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to moomy

Thanks for the replies I wasn’t able to dodge this one as just about everyone around me has it so hopefully just a cold, but they’ve actually shut half the schools around stoke on trent early for Christmas because of illness, it’s really going round here this year

hopefully it all calms down in a couple of days, don’t like the thought of finding out what a hospital turkey dinner is like Joy 

andy

• Hi Andy - yes it’s the same up in the Highlands - I am amazed that I have been able to stay clear of this bug...... my immune system must have govern up over the past year.

Hospital turkey dinner...... now that would be interesting but let’s hope this is not the case Fingers crossed

I have had NHS DB&B over New Year a few times - not great for someone from Scotland but the New Years dinner was ok....... but the best thing was the staff took in party food and yes, a wee dram for taking in the bells...... so those who could, got together in the ward day room.......they even arranged for close family to come in as well so a big ‘well done’ to the staff.....but it must have broken all the rules in the book.

I remember sitting beside a wonderful 90+ year old lady with her ‘big’ glass of sherry and we sat and talked for hours........ turned out her son was the lad that I had been getting my cars from for years.

In March we went to change our car and the lad said that she passed away a few weeks into January.

When they were sitting with her in those last days she said “I had a wonderful last New Year with a big glass of sherry and talked with a rather nice young man”........ he gave me an extra better deal Joy

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge