Day 1307

• 24 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Just has my 4 monthly check-up and I felt compelled to post. 

I am now on Day 1307 (don’t worry, I’m not counting, the consultant says it flashes up when he loads up my screen). All my bloods are good and I feel well.

I am posting because being back in that hospital, being back in that waiting room, smelling that distinctive disinfectant hand wash, running my hands on those wiped clean seats, it all contrived to drag up those buried memories of just how horrific the SCT process actually is, and I instantly thought of you guys right in the middle of it now. That building contains all of my worst nightmares, yet it is also filled with the people who have the warmest hearts that I have ever come across, so it was a truly confusing experience.

The reason for my post is because my life is now back to normal. I have achieved a life I so desperately wanted (even if I moan about it as every human does!). I am no longer consumed by treatments, living day to day, trying to rationalize what the hell is happening to me. I know it doesn’t work out for everyone, but I just wanted to say that there really is a good life on the other side of SCT. The bad times are definitely only temporary and you can definitely get to where you want to be. Just keep hanging in there, as best you can.

All the best to everyone in the middle of it right now.

Greg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Blood results today are a bit better, but I am running out of veins that work. Doing it all again Tuesday.

Tessa

• Oh Tessa, 

that finding a vein thing?! I hope you’ve experienced staff there! Glad bloods improved though, even if only a little.....

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• That's encouraging news, Tessa.  Onwards and upwards! 

Avoid the new male phlebotomist!  :O  He's the only person who's had any trouble in 2 1/2 years and left me covered in bruises  - and then dripping all over my new bag! 

I'm sticking firmly to the usual woman from now on!   

Sheri

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MissSatomi

Thanks Sheri

I rarely see the same phlebotomist. They often have trouble with me, sometimes two or even three different nurses will have a go. The heating pad had to be used today - I think my circulation slows when I have to sit in the waiting room a long time. I've only been bruised once by hospital staff, but my GP nurse does it every time. 

Tessa