Thiotepa

• 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi guys

Has anyone experienced or knows of others who experienced hearing changes or loss using Thiotepa particularly in MATRIX. I'm due to have today and read it as.one of side effects on Macmillan website

Many thanks

Alice x

• Hi Alice, so no first hand experience from me with this drug.

But some of these chemo drugs do carry a hearing warning. As they are strong they can indeed have an effect on our hearing connections. Some short lived and will go back to normal but others are long lasting and even permanent Disappointed

The first chemo drug I was given 3 years before my first SCT had a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of hearing loss.....I should have done the lottery during that time but the only thing I won were two hearing aids......... and life.

Lets hope you stay clear.

Fingers crossed

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Alice, some time ago we had some users on matrix in the NHL group and I think one person may have had some hearing issues, it does ring a bell but it could be 3 years ago.

John   

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
  • Alice, you could put MATRIX into the search tool at the top and look through some of the threads xx

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge