Day 100 today!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 12 subscribers

After spending 98 days in hospital (including conditioning treatment) I'm finally home and the gvhd is much much more controlled. Already had my bone marrow biopsy done and initial results show I'm still in remission from my AML but the exciting bit that tells me about the FLT3 aspect is still a few weeks away.

Do I break the record for longest admission!?

• Oh Kirsty, I think you may well get the Gold Medal..... the prize that no one actually wants ;) but  at the same time, this such good news.....your own bed!!! and darkness with not buzzers!!!

High 5 for the BMB and let’s look for the FLT3 to be just what you want.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks Mike! I'm actually missing my hospital bed cause they got me an air mattress and my lovely expensive memory foam one at home feels like sleeping on a rock!

• Lol - first time I have heard this said about hospital beds....... time for a change?...... no, you will get used to it xx

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hey, congratulations getting home! I guess you probably have got the record for the longest stay but great news about the bmb result, let’s hope the other test is good too!

hugs xxx

Moomy

• Hi Kirsty, good to hear you’re eventually home- and it’s onwards and upwards from now on. Your little girl will be ecstatic to have her mummy home. 

Take care 

Judith 

KT’s mum 

• Kirsty,

I am so so pleased to read this! I had been really worried as I know how tough things were the last time you posted. So pleased you have got back home. It might still be a long road to get to where you want to be, but anyone who has spent 98 days in hospital is one tough cookie, so you’ll get there, one step at a time (even if some of them are backwards, you’ll still get there in the end!)

Greg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to greg777

Thanks Greg! Still carrying on with the ECP and still struggling to keep food down some days but just like you say one day at a time, even if it feels like I'm going backwards sometimes!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

The backwards can be brutal. More good days than bad!