Olfactory groove meningioma

• 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

I need to decide whether I should get either surgery or radiotherapy for my meningioma. It's benign but treatment would be the same. Has anybody else had radiotherapy for this condition and are willng to share their experiences e.g. Wearing the mask, side effects, and any other related issues. Thanks in advance . Ps I'm scared Grimacing x Louise

• Hi  I am sorry to read about your diagnosis, lets see if anyone has had this treatment in this group....... this is a general group so you may want to also look at our dedicated........

Brain tumours

.......support group where you may also connect with others who have had experiences.

Once you are ready click on the link above then when the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

I have a completely different type of cancer (a very rare Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma) and I had radiotherapy to a tennis ball sized tumour above my right eye that had attached on to my eye lid closing my eye. I was told it was 50/50 that my right eye could be damaged but...... but it actually was ok.

The mask was a mind game...... but once fitted it was actually ok.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

All the very best with your treatment.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for replying and all the info. Thumbsup