Buttock ache and weird sensation in pelvis

• 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi Lovely people 

Hope you are all in a good place Blush I just have a quick question I finished my treatment 3 years ago for a gynae cancer and for some weird reason I have started to get an ache in my buttock which is aggravated when I sit down but eases when I get up and move round. Also seem like I be getting the occasional weird sensation in my pelvis like a tugging sensation. My oncologist is aware and I am due a CT scan shortly,my hips are also very stiff, so just wondered if any of you have experienced this …. Trust me to be a pain in the butt! 

Thanking you in advance xx

• Hi  

I haven't had any late effects from radiotherapy for a different type of cancer, but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope your oncologist can get to the bottom of the problem.....no pun intended!

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Joyce1

Just seen your post. I hope you have had the CT scan.  I had pelvic radiotherapy and I still get what I call 'sit pain' after I've been sitting upright for a short time. Im 14 mths post treatment.  It also varies - sometimes worse than others but like you say if I get up and move around its ok again.  I've also experienced sciatica in one hip/thigh that has now gone away.  I find that aches and pains are a regular occurence but they come and go.  I've come to conclusion its just the 'new normal'.  Whenever I mention these things to the oncologist he doesn't seem bothered at all!

Take care x

• Hi Cranford

Thank you for your reply. I have had my scan but not got results yet. It’s like you said it comes and goes but moving helps it. It’s odd that this has developed after treatment isn’t it. Hope you are well x