Hello everyone hust finished 6 weeks of radiotherapy 17th December

My skin to my face and neck has become very red blistered

Im doing saline soaks and cetraben with little improvement really

Been given flamazine not sure if i should use this someone else suggested E45

Any suggestions or advice please 

Thank you

Wendy

• Hi Wendy

That sounds very painful! I don't have any suggestions or advice about how to ease this but I thought I'd suggest that you also post in the head and neck cancer group as I'm sure you'll get help there.

If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

I hope you soon get some relief

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi i hope you’re feeling better, i finished 30 rounds of radiotherapy on Friday and my nose is blistered and oozing fluid, i have cracks up side of nose and burns are now spreading onto eyelids, i am in so much pain. I don’t know whether to let it ooze and and crust or keep in moist using gauze and saline, I’m scared of it getting infected as it keeps bleeding, can you tell me what has worked for you please. I have outpatient clinic tomorrow and I’m hoping they can help but some suggestions for them would be great. Karen

• Hi Karen

Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time at the moment

I only developed burns to my neck which cleared well with regular saline soaks and flammazine within 2 weeks 

My face did become very red but skin didnt break down 

I had small nosebleeds and suffer with dry nasal passages

For pain i took regular paracetamol ibuprofen and shortec morphine liquid every 4-6 hours

Hope the burns will settle soon for you

Xxx

1. Thank you for your reply, I’m at clinic today so hopefully they can help, I’m just worried about infection. I’m having nosebleeds but have been having them for 2 years prior to diagnosis as i kept being misdiagnosed and just given cream. Mine is nasal vestibule scc im very lucky i didn’t need surgery only radiotherapy and fingers crossed it’s all worked because as I’m sure you know they won’t be able to tell until swelling goes down x