Dads Rectal cancer

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

Hi my Dad has just been diagnosed with Rectal cancer and at the age of 86 in Sept, we as a family feel the risk is just too great to take on the op.  Very difficult decision but quality of life is the key we feel, as he has no pain currently.  He has his Oncologist appointment early June and Radiotherapy will be given from the discussion with Consultant.  No chemo which I guess is due to being palliative care only.  I hope it gives him more time.  Has anyone else had similar situation?  Such a worrying time

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your dad has been diagnosed with rectal cancer and it's natural that you'd want to do the best for him.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the very friendly bowel (colon and rectal) cancer group which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who will understand exactly what you and your dad are going through.

If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your dad's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"