Hair loss

• 4 replies
  • 11 subscribers

I have finished my radiotherapy in may for a brain tumour. The hair area where they targeted the rays at isnt growing back. Have any of you had experience of that? Will I be likely to recover hair growth on that side? Thanks.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I can't answer your question but I thought I'd suggest that you also post this question in the Brain cancer forum  which I can see you've already joined.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

1. My husband had radiotherapy for cancer of the mouth, he had a patch where his hair didn't grow, it has just started to grow back, he is grey all over except where the new hair is growing back black. He finished his treatment in June. 
  • Bizarre  isn't it ??

After treatment my hair grew back curly ! Took a few months but did revert to the hair I knew.  Hang in there - all will be well.

• Hi Poody,

I can't relate to your experience, but I had radiotherapy on my groin and it stripped all the hair off.  Absolutely bald.

It also made my skin a lot darker in that area too, but it all came back after about three months.  

Jon

https://knob.blog