Radiotherapy after Tonsil Cancer removal and Neck Dissection Surgery

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

Hi,

I have had surgery to remove Tonsil Cancer and a Neck Dissection to remove secondary cancerous lymph nodes from my neck. My next treatment is 30 sessions of Radiotherapy which I understand will start in about 3 weeks   

Can anyone give me advice on what to expect and what to look out for when I start Radiotherapy..?

I have already had some great advise but I believe listening to other people’s experiences would be great to know..

Thank you in advance...

Simon

• Hi Simon and a very warm welcome to the online community

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this question in the head and neck cancer group which I can see you've joined. That way you'll also get replies from people who have specifically had radiotherapy treatment for the same type of cancer as you.

If you'd like to do that then clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there. You could then copy and paste this post into a new one in the head and neck cancer group to save you typing it all out again.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"