Radiotherapy with Implant

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

Hi - has anyone on here had radiotherapy after having an implant?  I had the textured type because the surgeon said it was less likely to be affected by the radiotherapy but now I'm concerned about possible hardening or lumpiness.  Oncologist mentioned possible shrinkage.  

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I tried to look in your profile to see what sort of implant you were talking about but you haven't completed it yet. However, looking at your other posts I'm assuming that you're talking about a breast implant. If I'm right could I suggest that you post this question in the breast cancer group, which I can see you've joined, as there will be lots of people over there who will be able to share their experiences with you.

The group has a radiotherapy thread for just these sorts of questions and clicking on this link will take you straight there.

When you have a minute it would be great if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

All the best with your treatment

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"