Vestibular Schwannoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hello everyone

i was diagnosed with a Vestibular schwannoma or acoustic neuroma. its still a small tumor in my inner ear, but i have to choose if i should go to surgery or radiation therapy (LINAC) 

i would like to know if someone had already this experience because i searched it´s 1 on 100.000 people who got this, and i was a lucky one.

i´m scared about the risks of the surgery and the long term radiation collateral issues ( progressive hearing loss) 

can anyone please help me?

thanks Slight smile

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma and that you have a difficult decision to make regarding treatment. I've linked you to the information that Macmillan has on this type of benign tumour as it may give you some helpful information.

Could I suggest that you join and post this question in the brain tumour group and the low-grade brain tumour group as I've found posts mentioning accoustic neuromas in both of these. Clicking on the links I've created will take you straight there.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"