Work

• 3 replies
  • 3 subscribers
  • Hi all after advice I have tumor on my kidney 80% chance could be cancer got to have c t scan again before surgery as found nodes on lungs but want to make sure they are nodes. Right question is I Work nights and over next 2 wks it's ending up I'm working 4 nights. I already know I'm not up to doing 4 did as for a shift to be moved to be told no the rota won't getting changed. Can anyone  help thanks in advance 
  • Hi Debbie , I see it’s your first post so welcome. When your not feeling great it’s hard to navigate employment challenges.

When you are ‘diagnosed’ with cancer you are protected by law from unfair treatment at work. This means that it's unlawful for an employer to treat you less favorably (discriminate against you) because of your cancer.

Under equalities law your employer should try to support you. This includes making changes (known as reasonable adjustments) to help you stay in or return to work when you are ready and able to. 

As you are still awaiting a clear diagnosis I am not sure your rights so could I suggest you call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance, work support or just a listening ear.

The community is divided up into different support groups so you may want kook through this list and join the appropriate group(s) once it’s been confirmed if you have cancer. ((Hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou for reply I've got mcmillian nurse ill get incontact with her 

• Great you have a Macmillan Nurse but I do suggest you call the support line as there are dedicated Macmillan employment support workers. 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge