Losing Private Health Care - Advice Needed

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

A relative is currently receiving private health care. This current round of treatment should continue until at least February.

Then the treatment plan was to review in Feb and decide if more treatment is needed. From past experience, it is likely more treatment ASAP or  will need it in the next few years again at least. 

This treatment is not available on the NHS. Previous NHS treatment have not seen results. This is why we are on a newer treatment which is only available on Private Health Care.

However my relative is being made redundant. This means the private health care will end mid-treatment. The employer is not willing to extend the health care.

Do we have any options to continue getting the current treatments? Is it feasible to push for more or medical retirement or anything else?

Any advice is much appreciated!

• Hi  and see it’s your first post so welcome.

I don’t have any experience in this area but there may be other members looking in that have.

Could I suggest you call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

As you see the community is divided up into different support groups so you may want to look through this list and choose the appropriate type of cancer your relative has as this will help you spread your question wider.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge