Food on Chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Hi just about to start Chemo.... Any tips on food, appetite, good goods to eat for taste, nutrition etc

Jx

• Morning J  /  

Warm welcome to the club no one wants to join :-/

Most find during chemotherapy they want to go one of two ways regarding getting tasteful meals. Half will go the spicy, herby route and the others go for a more blander diet. Nearly everyone will have the weird metallic taste and can even get texture issues.

Guys Hospital has a diet during chemo leaflet which I'll attach below - Noticed you have joined the Breast Group so I'm assuming your chemo is treatment for breast cancer ? 

Clicking this link will take you to the breast groups monthly June Chemo Club discussion. There is a 'Tips' section in the very first message you could also check out as it has an 'at a glance' food safety guide basically what NOT to eat and suggests alternatives. i.e. Shop bought ice cream instead of the soft whip machine ice cream to keep infection risks to a minimum.

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/199/diet_2D00_and_2D00_chemotherapy.pdf

Hope this is of some help at a tough time - Do post an intro into the breast groups June chemo club there are loads of ladies there having chemo at the moment who help support each other.

Take Care, G n' J