Tough day

• 3 replies
  • 2 subscribers

Since January I have been gradually becoming concerned about my daughters health.  In 1980 I was training as a nurse and whilst I didn't pursue that career despite passing my exams I never forgot it and actually thankful as it prepared me for now.  FEEL SO GUILTY...daughter shouted at me for being noisy whilst she was on conference call.  I grabbed the dog and left saying I am not coming back (I swore I'd never do that given my childhood experience) but 9 years on and again cancer wants to try to take my albeit 37ytear old child, I was angry, screamed, shouted, cried in the fields and bridleway as I walked her 10 month old pup who was compliant.  Then get home, husband in bits! I left my phone behind in a hurry, daughter apologising for shouting at me the telling me it's in her bones.  Treatable not curable.  How could I leave her?  She needed us and neither of us were there then my daughter apologising for her behaviour.  How could I do this to her, not be there when she needed me?  We will fight this because she's  a mum and she's needed but it's very hard. My daughter said it was like waiting in the Dr's for me to come home.  How could I do this to her?  Really cross with myself.

• Hi sweetpee18 I am so sorry to hear the news about your daughter. That must of been a shock for you all. Please do not beat yourself up about not being there at that moment. We all do things in the spur of the moment which we may later regret. But we cannot change what has happened. What you can do now is concentrate on your daughter, and being together as a family and somehow find the strength together to face what is ahead. 

I am sending you a hug. We are hear to listen and support you where we can. You can also call the support line and talk with someone there on 0808 808 00 00. They are available 7 days a week from 8am til 8pm. 

Take care xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • She came back this morning after having a night at home, was tearful and emotional.  I just held her. Sleepy

• I think there may be lots of hugs ahead. It will take her a while to get her head around this, she is lucky to have you and your husband for support.  Things will settle down, once the treatment plan is in place. I am sure things must still seem up in the air at the moment. 

Sending a hug x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge