Help with Sleep

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 1 subscriber

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help with guidance or suggestions. My daughter was diagnosed with leukemia in September 2019. I think I've been running on adrenaline since but now have hit a wall. We are in the maintenance stage of treatment and had no unexpected hospital stays for months but I can't sleep. I'm finding I'm checking on her every few hours and staying up late to check on her. I'm barely sleeping and it's starting to take its toll. We've had loads of unexpected hospital stays and always middle of the night dashes so I know why I can't sleep but I'm after any advice or hints and tips to help with sleep and also help to process the emotions of it all. Thanks in advance 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear how much you and your daughter have been through in the last few months and it's not surprising that it's taking a toll on you.

I haven't been in your position but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies. I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the carers only group as this is a safe and supportive place to share your worries, as well as talk to others about practical subjects, and is a busier group than this one.

If you'd like to join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then copy and paste your post from here into a new post there after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop some information about your daughter's journey into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. If you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"