Coping with what you are seeing

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 1 subscriber

I do a lot for my Son, which I am glad I can. I shower and dry him as well as help him get dressed. The thing that is hard is watching the weight drop him, and seeing bones and watching the shape of his body change, it really upsets me sometimes, how do others cope with this. I don't want to ask a nurse to come in, I want to do it

• Hi 

It must be very distressing for you to see how your son is changing. I haven't been in your position, so don't have any experience to offer, but I noticed that although there are quite a few members in this group it doesn't look like there is much activity so you might not get any replies.

Could I suggest that you also join and post in the carers or supporting someone with incurable cancer groups. Both are safe and supportive places to discuss your worries.

To join either or both of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that open.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your son's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"