Coping with a child dieing of cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 1 subscriber

Hi I am Lisa my son Damien who is 28 has a very rare cancer. Damien has had a life of health problems kidney transplants going blind and serve learning problems. I was just wondering how do parents cope with knowing your child is going to die because since I have been told about what Damien has I can't remember a day that I have not cried. Sometimes I feel lost and lonely. I am worried about how damien's brothers are coping with this, they are all over 20, and my husband damien's step dad is not coping very well I would be grateful of any help and thank you so much x

• Hi Lisa and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry that you've had to find us.

I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for you and your family coping with the knowledge of Damien's incurable diagnosis. Although there are quite a few members in this group it doesn't look like there is much activity so I think you might be better joining the carers or supporting someone with incurable cancer groups. Both are safe and supportive places to discuss your worries.

To join either or both of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the pages that open.

Sending a supportive (((hug)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"