My son

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi, my 11 month old son was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma in his bladder/urethra in July. He has had had 7 weeks of chemotherapy but his bloods are too low this week to get it. Some days I don’t really think I can still believe this is all happening 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your son has been living with cancer for the last few months and at search a young age as well. It must be heart breaking for you and, although I've not been in the same situation as you, I can understand how shocked you must feel.

As the community is divided up into groups, I'm going to recommend that you join the carers only group, which is a safe and supportive place to share your worries, and also the parents of children with cancer group, which will give you the opportunity of talking with other parents in a similar position.

To join these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'click to join' on the pages that open. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting '+New' or '+' (depending on the device you're using) and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your son's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, sorry your going through this, my 3 year old has a brain tumor and I get the same feelings! Just complete disbelief.