Bowel Cancer worry

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

Hi there I have a new cancer worry (previously breast and ovarian worry, thankfully nothing diagnosed)

I have had rectal bleeding on/off for a while and put it down to piles and constipation. I hadn't been overly worried as a stool test done with a private healthcare association, came back ok. This was back in April of this year. In fhe last Month or so, I have had slight bleeding again and blood just on surface of stool on the last bit to come out (sorry tmi) i saw my GP who examined me and could not see hemorrhoids or a fissure.I originaly thought it was either of these as when I looked myself, i could sworn i saw a slight cut.

My GP has ordered a sigmoidoscopy, but i'm now increasingly worried. I now have bleeding again,soreness and alot of itching.My apt is just for consultation next week and christ knows how long i'l have to wait for the procedure!  I'm scared it's too long a wait if it turns out serious. When I think back to other symptoms I have such as excessive bloating,stomach pain/gas, it worries me even more.

If anyone has had similar symptoms or can give some advice, that would be very helpful.

• Hi and welcome back to the online community

Hopefully this latest cancer scare will also turn out to be something else but I can understand that it's a worrying time for you.

Could I suggest that you join and post in the bowel cancer group as this is what you are concerned that you might have. The people over there should be able to share their experience of symptoms and tests with you.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself or post a question after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"