Recently diagnosed with kidney cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 51 subscribers

Hi I'm 36 and Tuesday I found out I have a cystic tumour on my right kidney. I have to have another ct scan on Monday to see if I have it anywhere else although my consultant did say it's not in the lymph nodes.

This has come as such a shock I was convinced it was my gall bladder playing up (the pain I have is in my front underneath my breastbone) had I not been sent down to have an ultrasound to see if I had an infected stone this wouldn't have been discovered. 

Looking at the symptoms of renal cancer I haven't really had any of them apart from the extreme tiredness and needing to get up for the toilet 3 or 4 times a night oh and the night sweats. I had put it all down to getting older/side effects from medication I am on. 

I don't seem to be able to find much about the success of treatment ect for anyone aged under 50. My consultant did say it's quite rare to see it in someone of my age. .

My head is mush at the moment I don't know how to feel,how to act. My family and friends are falling apart and i can't do anything to help.

• Hi and welcome to the online community, although sorry to hear the reason you find yourself here. This is a great place for support and to get answers from others with personal experience. A CT scan is normal in these circumstances and usually just precautionary to rule anything else out. I see you have found the kidney group . If you post your questions there, the group members should be able to help with your concerns. You may like to copy and paste your above post in the group. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?