Arm compression sleeve causing elbow pain

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

Hi all, I've had a compression sleeve for about a year now...results negligible.  I have also found that my elbow is giving me a massive amount of pain (like I've whacked my funny bone all the time) but my lymphoedema nurses says they have never heard of such a thing happening due to a compression sleeve!  What is confusing me more is that compression sleeves are also used to stop this type of joint pain, aren't they?!  Trust me to be awkward!  

• I do understand and I would suggest to talk to your GP. Have you been on the breast cancer forums. Perhaps there will be someone who has experienced what you are going through. I myself had a lot of problems with my knees brought on according to my GP by lymph. After xrays on my knee's the lymph had hardened between the bones in my knees and the result was arthritis. That was my problem as to why I was in pain. Must also add it was 4 years from my op and a change of GP surgery before I was referred to a lymph nurse. I am fine now thanks to the wise and good plan that my GP put me on. Go see your GP write it all down regards pain and the condition with your arm and I would ask for a xray to see what is going on. Sorry I could not be informative.