DEATH

• 35 replies
  • 23 subscribers

my brain cancer is incurable. I am talking with a councillor but nothing helps and I have a need to talk to ppl about preparing for death and how do you do it? 

I feel lost going into the unknown. I would like for it to be a course where this is talked about. How about you, do you; do you have the need to comprehend the enormity of what awaits...

Do you have someone who is able to talk with you about death?

• Hi Minmax, love your attitude and your post, I'm leaving my body to medical sciences too for future doctors to practice on, then later it's a cardboard box with an oak tree planted on top in the middle of the woods, I did want to be an organ donor but cancer ruled that out.

Eddie

• Hi Moi, your niece threw her friends out, I wonder who she takes after, prepare for tomorrow, live for today, goodnight.

Eddie xx

• Hi Eddie my strong woman run in my family and there's alot of us out of 21 cousins only 3 men. Lol they tend to get spoiled by us females. Good night have a good rest xx

Moi

•    I think it is commendable that you are giving your body up for medical research,I looked into this, but it was my understanding that they cremate the body up to 3 years after their research is finished. I might be wrong but I didn’t think the family got the body back ? 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Chelle, I have talked to the university and she told me after 4 months they usually cremate your remains often with other bodies, 3 or 4, your family are allowed to collect the ashes though usually they are scattered or buried in the Uni gardens with a mark oy respect from the students. I had arranged my "green" years earlier and asked if my remains could be buried after and she told me if the funeral company can collect at a specific time, they will be given part of me to bury

• Hi you dont get the body back , Best to read the leaflets they send you . but you can get ashes back and if not they have a service for all the people who donated their body. Every year . Its not something I am concerned about as its not going to make any difference to me where I end up 

• Hi Minmax the university i am donating my body too are happy to for my "funeral" director to collect my remains,

Eddie

• Hi Eddiel I am getting collected by whoever not really bothered as only going to be taken to bits at the end of the day . Hopefully for good use so helps someone else 

• Hi Minmax from a personal point of view, I'm with you matters not a jot to me what happens with my body, but my family wanted me to be buried "part of me" anyway so they can, feel close to me and talk to me when I'm gone.

Eddie

• Hi Eddiel  No that's fair enough.On the up side  you could give them all a Chinese burn each so they remember you . All the Best Minmax