Hello everyone

• 25 replies
  • 70 subscribers

After one year lurking in the background I finally wanted to say hello and thank you to all on here! I was diagnosed in July last year with advanced ovarian cancer I am treatable but not curable. After a mind blowing year of tough treatment and still on maintenance treatment I wanted to say how I have found you guys an amazing guide to hope/help/laughter and how living with cancer is not an end to life but a beginning of a new time in my life. You don’t know me but I really feel like I know all of you by reading the posts daily ,reading of how to be practical, how to be angry, how to laugh and not to be ashamed to cry or be afraid. You think your just posting “stuff” or replying to people but your more than that! Those of us unable to immediately join through fear or not accepting things or shyness are here watching and reading and guys it’s amazing thank you x x 

• welcome to the group   I have been away for a few days, and come back to your lovely heart warming post. They really are a great bunch here in the incurables. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Hnickkie

I would never go out and exercise everyday if I didn't have Candy. Or get up that early either!

Pets give you a structure to the day, and like you say, they give you something else to focus on, other than the cancer.

Oh, of course, not forgetting the affection they show you!

XXX Kate

• Hi Hnickkie, sorry for the late reply, been to hospital 70 minutes away for my cardio results, then took my youngest daughter and 3 youngest grandkids to the coast for a couple of days, you have a terrier too that's fab, Poppy as you can guess is a jack russel, 100% mad but so much fun, this photo was taken 1 hour after she had a bath, the guilty look is an act LOL, she's 7yo, Toby sounds adorable did you know he was the one for you the first time you saw him, mind you with puppies you want to take them all home, and it's nice to wake up to someone who's always happy to see you, they do turn a house in to a home.

love Eddie xx

• Hi Eddie

sorry for my late reply lol has been a full on weekend it felt like everyone wanted a catch up , sounds like you’ve been full on too! Toby is adorable if I say so myself and yes I knew he was the one as soon as I saw him! He’s a rescue and was about one year old when we got him and is the most amazing dog ever, he always knew throughout treatment just to cuddle he always wakes me up with a tale wag and although the family think I’m mental he definitely smiles at me, honest! He’s a Black and Tan miniature pincer cross and sooooo cute! I have to admit Poppy looks sooooo adorable too her and Toby would defo be buddies :o) x x 

• Hi Hnickkie, it's great you had a busy weekend,  so please no need to apologise, I've been lucky to have had a break from hospitals and managed to get away a few times, back to normal now. Toby and you sound like you were made for each other,  I always find it weird how you can know within seconds that your dog is the one for you, and I'm in 100% agreement dogs do smile and can sense your every mood, would love to see a picture of Toby, and I'm sure he would like Poppy but she's not keen on young Male dogs under 3yo, weirdly she loves greyhounds and playing with cats, will post a picture of her looking clean