Hello everyone

• 25 replies
  • 70 subscribers

After one year lurking in the background I finally wanted to say hello and thank you to all on here! I was diagnosed in July last year with advanced ovarian cancer I am treatable but not curable. After a mind blowing year of tough treatment and still on maintenance treatment I wanted to say how I have found you guys an amazing guide to hope/help/laughter and how living with cancer is not an end to life but a beginning of a new time in my life. You don’t know me but I really feel like I know all of you by reading the posts daily ,reading of how to be practical, how to be angry, how to laugh and not to be ashamed to cry or be afraid. You think your just posting “stuff” or replying to people but your more than that! Those of us unable to immediately join through fear or not accepting things or shyness are here watching and reading and guys it’s amazing thank you x x 

• Hi Hnickkie

I hope you feel you can contribute with some posts too!

• Hi Hnickkie I concur . I honestly dont think I would   still be alive only for Macmillan. You think things are bad and you have it rough sometimes ,  But you dont have to look to far to see somebody less fortunate and that you are actually blessed. All the Best Minmax 

• Hi Hnickkie, A warm welcome, it is good you wanted to say hello! I do think most people read for the first while (me included) before taking the plunge and writing something but now you are here I hope you will get chatting, like the rest of us!

Just to get things straight, Ellie and I have been around for quite a while now but I don’t think of us as being ‘old’ we are passed our sell by date and that is what I wish for everyone!

That was a lovely post but now that you are one of us, you don’t have to crawl and give compliments every time! LOL!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
    • Good morning all, I see our night owl is back and in good spirits, hope the leg is healing well Annette. Nothing much planned today. My nephew is coming  round today for a good old chat and put the world to rights. XX
    • Moi
  • Thank you Annette ! X 

• Hi Moi Enjoy your catch up with your nephew!  It’s a lovely day here but a bit chilly.

Sad to say leg is still bad but at least the headaches have dulled down! Thanks for asking.

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hello Hnickkie and a very warm welcome from another previous lurker, I think a lot of us were, I only joined the forum as I saw a post about a local girl. but so glad that I did, I see you've met some of the girls, who are the majority  on here  but there are a few of us  guys, and it's nice to meet you, WOW that's amazing you have been following the posts for a year, I'm guessing your a dog lover as your first post on the forum to Candysmum was dog related and of course your furry friend Toby. a few of us have pets, which are very important to us, I'm glad you decided to join and look forward to getting to know you,  here's my furry friend. 

Eddie 

• PS, that isn't my home in the background, it's the allotment shed

• Hello Eddie 

Thank you for your welcome! Omggggg I have a terrier breed too, your furry friend is gorgeous! I only got my Toby last year two months into treatment, I asked my oncologist and she said there’s no reason why not! I lost my Robbie dog years ago when he was 16 and after that heartbreak thought never again but life has other plans! It was just fantastic to have something other than “cancer” in the house lol :o) he brings me joy everyday x